Residential Rental Criteria
Thank you for choosing to apply to rent a Skyline Management Property! As we provide a high-quality experience to all our residents; we are seeking long term, high quality residents.
Please read the below information and instructions fully.
Applications are processed on a point system and scored based upon factors including, but not limited to: rental history, income, employment, criminal and eviction history, and credit score. If your application does not meet our minimum qualifications, an additional security deposit may be required. Please note you'll also be required to complete a profile for acknowledgement of not having or having pets on the property. Please visit https://skylinepm.petscreening.com/ to complete the profile that matches your needs.
- Your gross total household income should be at least 3 times the monthly rent. We do combine all applicant’s incomes. If the income is less than 3.0 times, it will result in this application being denied or require a co-signer. Cosigner must have income equal to 5 times the rent and above 700 credit score.
- Credit score will be considered, but not used solely to decline an application.
- If you are a registered sex offender; this is an automatic denial.
- Felony convictions may result in the application being denied.
- If you have had 1 eviction in the last 4 years; this may result in a denial. Evictions during the Covid-19 emergency period will not be considered.
- If you have an open collection from a landlord or property management company, this is an automatic denial.
- A valid government-issued photo ID is required from all applicants.
- If ANY information is found to be false, the application will be automatically denied.
- Security Deposits will vary depending on scoring outcome.
Please confirm the pet policy for this property. If pets are allowed for this property, please note that we do have breed restrictions on dogs that we must follow as a company policy. You can view our company pet policy here https://phillyskylinepm.com/pet-policy/ . All of our properties differ in pet policies regarding what kind of pet, weight, number of pets allowed, and additional pet fees do apply per pet.
*For applicants who DO have Pets, at the end of the application process, you will be asked to go to the following link: https://skylinepm.petscreening.com/. This link will direct you to complete a Pet Application and to pay the required pet profile fee.
*For applicants who DON'T have a pet, please visit the link and complete a 'No Pet' profile at no additional cost.
*For applicants with Service Animals, please visit the link and complete a ‘Assistance Animals” profile at no additional cost.
Each occupant, age 18 and above, must complete an individual application and pay a NONREFUNDABLE application fee of $55 per adult.
An incomplete application will delay the process and may result in another applicant being approved while we wait for your information.
- Once we receive your completed application, we will have it fully processed and notify you of the results within 48-72 business hours of receipt.
- If approved, you will have 24 hours to sign the lease AND pay the security deposit online. We will place the property on a temporary hold until that designated time, however, until we receive the signed lease AND the security deposit, we will not take the property off the market.
- In the case where we receive more than one application on a property, we will process the first COMPLETED Application. Applications that have more than 1 person in a group will not be considered complete until all applicants in the group have applied. Any missing supporting documentation will be deemed incomplete until received.
- Please note you will also be required to complete a profile for acknowledgement of not having or having pets on the property. Please visit https://skylinepm.petscreening.com/ to complete the profile that matches your needs.
RENTAL APPLICATION NOTICE
NOTICE: Your application will not be denied solely because you have an eviction record or solely because your credit score or screening score derived, in whole or in part, from a tenant screening report which falls below a specific numerical threshold. We will make our decision to rent to you after reviewing your specific application and conducting an individualized assessment based on our uniform screening criteria. If your application fee is refunded to you or was never collected from you because your application was never reviewed for consideration for a lawful reason, you will not receive a statement with the reasons for the denial or copies of any documents obtained from a third party for the purpose of establishing your eligibility. Additionally, your application will not be denied based in whole, or in part, on the following:
- Credit information or credit report, tenant screening report, or any other consumer report demonstrating a failure to pay rent or utility bills during COVID-19 emergency periods.
- The following events in an eviction history or eviction record:
(a) any eviction proceeding pursuant to Pennsylvania law, or other equivalents in other states, that did not result in a judgment in favor of the plaintiff; or
(b) any sealed record of an eviction proceeding; or
(c) any eviction judgment against you that has been vacated or marked satisfied pursuant to Pennsylvania law; or
(d) any eviction case filed, or eviction judgment that was entered, four or more years before the application to rent was submitted;
(e) an eviction proceeding brought against you during the Covid-19 emergency period, other than an eviction based on violent or dangerous criminal activity that resulted in a judgment against the tenant.
(f) any eviction proceeding where a judgment by agreement is currently in place, or where the judgment by agreement has been marked satisfied or vacated, or is otherwise resolved.
If your application is denied, you may notify us by written or electronic means of your intent to dispute or request reconsideration of the denial within forty-eight (48) hours after receiving the denial. Thereafter, you may provide to us within seven business days after such denial, and we will consider the following:
- Any evidence that information relied upon by us was inaccurate or incorrectly attributed to you or was based on prohibited screening criteria.
- Any evidence of mitigating circumstances relating to the grounds for denial to establish whether the applicant shows a readiness to satisfy the obligations of tenancy, which may include, but shall not be limited, to credible information showing:
(a) a history of on-time rental payments by the prospective tenant that otherwise may not appear in a background check;
(b) that a prior eviction of the prospective tenant based on nonpayment of rent was based, in whole or in part, on rent not owed by the prospective tenant;
(c) new or increased income of the prospective tenant that is reliable and sufficient to cover rental costs;
(d) letters of recommendation provided on behalf of the prospective tenant by employers or former housing providers;
(e) changes in circumstances that would make prior lease violations by the prospective tenant less likely to reoccur.